An official army family and MWR Site

About CYS


Families at the United States Army Garrison Ansbach can request child care using  This Department of Defense (DoD) website is designed to simplify and improve the process for requesting child care. (MCC) provides a single online gateway for families to access military-operated or military-subsidized child care options worldwide across all services. The site enables families to create a household profile, conduct child care searches, submit requests for care, and manage their requests at any time and from any location.

For additional information, go to or call USAG Ansbach Parent Central at 09802.8.32533 or DSN 467.2533 for information. Click the link below to access the MCC website and create your profile and request child care.

Welcome to CYS

Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, including:

  • Full, part time or hourly child care
  • Before/after school care
  • Camps
  • Programs for your middle school and teen youth
  • Instructional classes
  • Workforce preparation opportunities
  • Sports and fitness activities 

Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:

  • Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
  • Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
  • Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
  • Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
Frequently Asked Questions

1. My child is on medication; can he/she bring the medication with him/her to school?

Maintaining the wellbeing of every child participating in CYS is paramount.  If a child requires medication while participating in a CYS activity, parents will be asked to fill out a medication card at the program the child is attending.  If a child has a medical condition, such as allergies, asthma or food intolerances that may require rescue medication, parents will be asked to complete a rescue medication card at the program and Medical Action Plan (MAP) with the physician.   MAP’s and medication cards ensure CYS Services staff are aware of the proper medication and the necessary course of treatment for the child.

2. What happens if there is an unplanned school closure?

If one or more of the schools should close and your child already attends after school care, he or she will be accommodated at our School Age Center, just like on a regular school out day.   CYS has a contingency plan in place outlining the steps to take in such instances.

3. How do I register my child for a school on a different installation than my home installation?

Parent Central Services takes care of registration for CYS activities and programs.  To register for school, parents can contact the School Liaison Officer in their area for information on school registration requirements.  Parents can also visit the DoDea website at

4. Where can I get information on the directors and management staff?

Contact the individual Program your child attends.  CYS conducts a Meet and Greet at the Child Development and School age on the 1st Thursday of every month.  Meet and Greet allows parents the opportunity to meet staff and community agencies while asking questions about our programs.  

5. Where do I find the program center?

Katterbach Child Development and School Age Center is on Katterbach Kaserne, building 9028 in the housing area.

Katterbach Youth Center is located in building 5984 on Katterbach Kaserne in the housing area. 

6. How do I register my child with CYS?

Registration is free and easy and enables your child/youth to use all of our programs and services.  Contact Parent Central Services on Katterbach Kaserne at CIV 09802-832533 or DSN 467-2533 to schedule a registration appointment.  Parents may also stop by Parent Central Services, building 9028 room 26 on Katterbach Kaserne.  The following will be required to register: 

  • Identification Card (Sponsor or Spouse)

  • Immunization Records for each child

  • Proof of Income (i.e. Leave and Earning Statements/Pay Vouchers or proof of fulltime school enrollment)

  • Names of 2 Local Emergency and Child Release Designee (minimum of two )
  • CYS Services Health/Developmental Screening Tool 
  • Health Assessment/Sports Physical AE Form 608-10-1A

**All forms are available online at

For Middle School/Teens:

Middle school/teens may self-register as a guest by completing the Youth Registration

Form.  Forms are available at the Youth Center, online and at Parent Central Services.

Youth may attend the center as a guest member immediately upon receipt of the completed registration form. Guest membership does not include field trips or special events.  CYS Services staff will validate the registration form to complete registration. 

7. Is childcare available only on post?

Not necessarily.  Families may research enrollment at a host nation Kindergarten or Kinderkrippe.  Enrollment may be restricted to those children that reside in the Kindergarten’s actual community, and any child wishing to enroll, regardless of nationality, is subject to availability of space.  Because spaces are often limited, parents in some locations place their children on waiting lists shortly after birth. Families residing on post are residents of an “Exterritorial District”.  Host Nation communities are not ‘responsible’ to provide child care.

Information about off the installation day care opportunities may be available from the CYS Services Outreach Program or Army Community Services.  The SitterCity Corporate Program, funded by the Department of Defense, provides Army families (including active duty, reserve and guard) with a paid membership to SitterCity through a custom built military portal

8. How much do the different programs cost?

The Department of Defense has standardized child care fees across the Military Services.   The Army pays a portion of the cost of child care to help lower the cost for most Famies who use Child & Youth Programs.  Military child care fees are based on Total Family Income, not military rank or civilian grade.  The Army continues its commitment to affordable child care and youth programs by striving to keep fees lower than comparable community programs and by paying a portion of the cost of care for all Families using Child & Youth Programs.  

9. How do I decide which school on which installation to send my child to if there are multiple in my area?

There is one school servicing students pre-k through 5th grade and one school servicing student’s 6th to 12th grade. 

10. Do buses take children both on and off-post?

There is an established school bus zone and as long as the family resides within the servicing bus zone, the student will receive bus transportation to and from school. Door to door service is not possible, but bus stops are located at the closest, pre-existing municipal bus stop.


More Child & Youth Services