- Professional Automotive Detailing Services
- Special Detailing Service for Vehicle Shipping
- Interior Deep Cleaning
- Engine Bay Cleaning
- Leather Cleaning & Conditioning
- Vinyl cleaning & Conditioning
- Window Tinting
- Nano Coating
- Ceramic Coating
- Car Wrapping
- Interior Odor removal (Ozone)
- Stain removal
- Paint Scratch repair "Smart Repair"
Additional Services are available
Please contact the Automotive Skills Center for more information.
The Urlas Automotive Skills Center often has used fix’em up cars for sale on a sealed bid auction. Call for details
- Bay Fees & User Fees (Self-Service)
Bay/Bench Hourly Rates
Flat Bay ($4.00 minimum) $4.00 (Per Hour) Lift/Pit Bay ($8.00 minimum) $8.00 (Per Hour) Work Bench $2.00 (Per Hour) Enviormental Clean up Fee (i.e Oil Spill) $10.00 (Min) Late fee ( Not complying with clean-up and closure times) $25.00 (Min fee)
Tire Service (Do it yourself)
Tire mount/Demount $5.00 per tire Tire Balance (Weights not included) $5.00 per tire
Storage (Price Per Day)
POV Overnight Storage (In bay) $5.00
Equipment & Specialty Tools
Parts Washer $5.00 (Per hour) Hydraulic Press $5.00 (Per hour) Jump Starter $5.00 (Per use) Head Light Adjustment $5.00 Computer Scan $25.00 Battery Charge $5.00 Code Reader $10.00 (Self Service) Sand Blasting Cabinet $10.00 (Per hour) Hand Wash Bay (With out equipment) $5.00 (Per hour) Spring Compressor (Portable & Bench mounted) $5.00 (Per use) Power & Specialty Tools $5.00 (Per hour)Some of the specialty tools available Drill Flex Sander Shop Vac Sawzall Spring Comppressor Hot Air Gun Brake Bleeder Hydraulic Pullers Sander Carpet Cleaner
- Full-Service Fees ( Performed by Staff Mechanics)
Price TMPS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) reset $10.00 Demount tire from rim (ea) $5.00 Mount tire on rim (ea) $5.00 Demount and Mount (ea) $7.00 Wheel balancing (wheel weights not included) $6.00 Surcharge for run-flats (ea) $5.00 Surcharge for 45 series and below (ea) $5.00 Surcharge for 19" and above (ea) $5.00 Surcharge for reverse/back mount rims (ea) $5.00 Valve stem replacement $6.00
Important Notice regarding TPMSystem
Based on the type and size of tires and rims, additional surcharges may apply when servicing. The Automotive Skills Center staff and MWR are NOT RESPONSIBLE for the function of the TPMSystem before or after mounting and balancing tires & wheels. It is strongly recommended to replace TPMS sensor when mounting and balancing tires.
Price Brake Test Machine (Per use, Per Vehicle) $20.00 Brake Insection (Basic) $50.00 Brake Inspection (Advance) $75.00
AC System Service Complete
Includes: AC Inspection, system leak test, system purge, system drying, AC Oil, dye tracer. Functionality Inspection of the charged system.
Refrigerant fee (Per gram)
AC System (Inspection only)
Includes: Functional Inspection of the AC System and its parts. Diagnostic Scan of AC electronic Control system. System leak test. System Integrity.
The System Inspection only verifies if the system can be completely serviced or not. If the technician diagnosis the system to be faulty (leaking) laws prohibit the charging of this system until repairs have been made.
Welding Services & Fees
Price Base fee $25.00 Welding Preparation (Per hour) $35.00 Welding time fee (Per Minute) $1.00
All Welding Services are per appointment only. All welding request will require a pre-inspection to confirm if the request can or cannot be fulfilled. The technician will also assure at this time if the equipment necessary is on hand to perform the specific job.
- Used Car Sales (Sealed bid Auctions)
The Urlas Automotive Skills Center often has used fix’em up cars for sale. These Vehicle are offered for sealed bid auction. Please be aware that all the Vehicles on sealed bid auction do require some repairs. Call for more details.
- Vehicle Disposal Through Urlas Automotive Skills
Please do not abandon your car! It's easy to do the right thing.
- Junk cars can be disposed of at the Urlas Automotive Skills Center.
- The Automotive Skills can only accept USAREUR registered vehicle with a current and valid USAREUR vehicle registration.
- Vehicle must be registered operational or non-operational, the Automotive Skills center cannot accept vehicles on temporary registrations, or vehicles with a lien.
- To dispose of a vehicle, the vehicle and owner must be present at the Automotive Skills center building 8130 during hours of operations.
- The paperwork process takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Prior to disposal please remove all personal belongs from the vehicle.
- The cost for vehicle disposal is only $50!
- Car Washes
Automatic Car Wash
- 6 car wash programs ranging from $5 to $10.
- Wash tokens ($1.00 ea.) are available at the Automotive Skills Center's customer service desk during operational hours.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Wash tokens ($1.00 ea.) are available at the Center.
Enclosed Hand Wash Bay
- Wash your car in comfort from the elements.
- $10 an hour during operational hours (Vacuum)
- Sign up at the Automotive Skills Center's customer service desk
Save money by purchasing our Car Wash Tokens for use at the Vacumme Cleaners and Wand Wash Stations
- Dog Wash
Urlas Automotive Skills has a convenient area for you to wash your dog! Stainless steel tub with warm water and a hair dryer will make sure your four-legged best friend heads home spic and span clean.
- $5/10 minutes
- Hair dryer available
- Sign in at the Customer Service Desk
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash, checks and money orders in U.S. dollars/currency and most major credit cards.
2. What age do my children need to be to work in the bay area with me?
Children must be16 years and older.
3. Do I need to show proof of ownership before signing my vehicle into the shop?
4. Are dogs of all sizes allowed in the dog wash?
It is best to assure that dogs are larger than the drain and small enough to fit in the dog wash itself.
5. Can I perform fuel maintenance?
Some fuel system maintenance can be conducted but it depends upon the specific fuel system and type of maintenance. Please check with the Automotive Skills Center staff.
6. What do the specific services entail?
Tire service: mounting and balancing. Air conditioning service: Identify type of system and chemicals, evacuate system, check integrity, inform customer, purge system and recharge.
7. What are the prices for each service?
Prices are listed on this webpage, on a sign at the Center and by asking your friendly Automotive Skills Center staff.
8. How can I make an appointment/reservation?
The Center does not accept reservations. Appointments are only made for services and the vehicle owner must be present when services are being provided.
9. To what extent will the staff assist me with my car repair?
Staff are available to provide guidance and instruction on tool and equipment usage, automotive repair procedures and to assure compliance with pertaining safety and environmental regulatory compliance.
Ansbach Automotive Skills Center is a professionally operated and outfitted garage built for Ansbach community members to maintain and repair their personal vehicles. Shop patrons can develop mechanical, technical, and problem solving skills applicable to all military occupational specialties.
***COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES***
Please note our new safety measures in accordance with US Army Garrison Ansbach COVID-19 Guidance.
Please wear a face mask when utilizing the Urlas Automotive Skills and Car Wash Facilities.
Please wash hands upon entering and exiting the building.
Please clean tools after use.
Maximum Building Capacity is 16 persons.
Please maintain physical distancing restrictions at all times.
Please use Credit/Debit or other non-cash payments if at all possible - Thank You!
A Mandatory Safety & Shop Use briefing is required prior to using the Ansbach Automotive Skills Center. Briefings are held at Noon and 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Briefings last approximately 45 minutes. Proper shop attire is required (long pants, and closed toed shoes) due to hands on equipment use during the briefing.