- Library collection of over 30,000 items, including books, DVDs, music CDs, audio books, and video games
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Free b/w & color printing (30 pages per day) plus scan to email service
- 5 CAC enabled public computers
- Reference and research assistance
- Downloadable ebooks and language learning programs available from the Army Europe Library webpage
- Interlibrary loan service with access to almost a million library books and recordings in other Army Europe libraries
- Young Adult room
- Children's room
- Military Reading and Reference room with meeting space
- Hundreds of print and digital travel guides for Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the rest of the world
- Ongoing Events
- Story Time every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
- Make and Take Crafts
- Board games, puzzles, and STEM kits
- Library orientations on request, for new customers, homeschoolers, students or other groups
- Special book and recording displays for special events or to highlight aspects of the library collection prepared monthly
- Summer Reading Programs
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get to the library website?
Visit us at Army Europe Libraries or use a web search engine such as Google or Bing to search for Army Europe Libraries.
2. How do I become a library cardholder?
It's easy, simply fill out a brief form and show a valid ID at the nearest Library location. A sponsor or sponsor's spouse must be present. Your Army Europe Libraries account gives you borrowing privileges at each location throughout Europe.
3. Is there a limit on the number of books to be checked out at a time?
There is no limit on the number of books you may borrow.
4. Can I check out books, movies, and CD’s together?
Most people use the Library to borrow books and other items (called "circulation" and "check out" in Library speak). Here is how long you can borrow most Library materials:
- Movies: 10 for 1 week
- TV Shows: 10 for 2 weeks (includes Movies)
- Video games: 2 for 2 weeks
- Books: unlimited for 3 weeks
- Music CDs: unlimited for 3 weeks
- Audiobooks: unlimited for 3 weeks
5. How long may I check items out for?
6. Can I order items from other libraries?
To borrow items from another library in the Army Europe Library system, a request must be placed on the item in the Web catalog. You may place your own requests from home using your My Account, or you may ask your library's circulation desk staff for assistance placing requests.
7. What happens if I lose a library item?
In accordance with Army regulations, compensation must be made for lost or damaged library materials. Army libraries are not authorized to accept monetary compensation for lost items. Contact the librarian at the owning library to be given a title to purchase as a replacement.
8. How will I get notified if a library item is past due?
Please visit or contact the library if you receive an overdue notice by email. You can renew in person or by phone. You can renew most items up to two times unless the item has been requested by another person.
9. What kind of events or promotions do you put on?
The library offers story times, book clubs, workshops, and many other events. You can find our calendar and event flyers here: http://ansbach.armymwr.com/europe/ansbach/programs/libraries/
10. Can you download E-books to your phone or tablet?
The library subscribes to several eBook services and also recommends additional resources free on the Web. Check out the eBooks page to get started: http://mwrlibrary.armybiznet.com/screens~S102/resources.html
Hours of Operation
|Tuesday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Vision: Army MWR Libraries support the entire Army Family as the center for information, intellectual discovery, creation, enrichment, and engagement.
Mission: MWR Libraries support the greatest Army in the world with professional staff providing access to premier information resources and services, engaging and thought-provoking programs, community and collaboration spaces that support mission readiness and resiliency through lifelong learning and recreational pursuits.
Ansbach Library: supports the USAG Ansbach community as the premier community recreation facility for families and we strive to thrill and delight our patrons. As part of the Army Europe Libraries, you have access to the collections of more than twenty locations. We keep you connected with American literature and entertainment while stationed in Germany.