- Access databases and download eContent
- Check out books, audiobooks, movies, music, and video games
- Request and renew materials with My Account
- Library collection of over 35,000 items, including books, DVDs, music CDs, audio books, and video games
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Free printing (10 pages per day) and scan to email service
- 10 CAC enabled public computers
- Reference and research assistance
- Downloadable ebooks and language learning programs available from the Army Europe Library webpage
- Interlibrary loan service with access to almost a million library books and recordings in other Army Europe libraries
- Young Adult room
- Children's room
- Military Reading and Reference room with meeting space
- Hundreds of print and digital travel guides for Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and the rest of the world
- Coffee for sale, $1 per cup
- Ongoing Events
- Story Time every Tuesday morning for young children
- Summer Reading Programs for the month of July
- Book Club and local area day trips
- Family Fun, one Saturday per month
- Library orientation on request, for school or homeschooling groups, university students or other groups
- Special book and recording displays for special events or to highlight aspects of the library collection prepared monthly
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I get to the library website?
Visit us at www.library.eur.army.mil or use a web search engine such as Google or Bing to search for Army Europe Libraries.
2. How do I become a library cardholder?
It's easy, simply fill out a brief form and show a valid ID at the nearest Library location. A sponsor or sponsor's spouse must be present. Your Army Europe Libraries account gives you borrowing privileges at each location throughout Europe.
3. Is there a limit on the number of books to be checked out at a time?
There is no limit on the number of books you may borrow.
4. Can I check out books, movies, and CD’s together?
Most people use the Library to borrow books and other items (called "circulation" and "check out" in Library speak). Here is how long you can borrow most Library materials:
- Movies: 10 for 1 week
- TV Shows: 10 for 2 weeks (includes Movies)
- Video games: 2 for 2 weeks
- Books: unlimited for 3 weeks
- Music CDs: unlimited for 3 weeks
- Audiobooks: unlimited for 3 weeks
5. How long may I check items out for?
6. Can I order items from other libraries?
To borrow items from another library in the Army Europe Library system, a request must be placed on the item in the Web catalog. You may place your own requests from home using your My Account, or you may ask your library's circulation desk staff for assistance placing requests.
7. What happens if I lose a library item?
In accordance with Army regulations, compensation must be made for lost or damaged library materials. Army libraries are not authorized to accept monetary compensation for lost items. Contact the librarian at the owning library to be given a title to purchase as a replacement.
8. How will I get notified if a library item is past due?
Please visit or contact the library if you receive an overdue notice by email. You can renew in person or by phone. You can renew most items up to two times unless the item has been requested by another person.
9. What kind of events or promotions do you put on?
The library offers story times, book clubs, workshops, and many other events. You can find our calendar and event flyers here: http://ansbach.armymwr.com/europe/ansbach/programs/libraries/
10. Can you download E-books to your phone or tablet?
The library subscribes to several eBook services and also recommends additional resources free on the Web. Check out the eBooks page to get started: http://mylibraryeu.armybiznet.com/screens/econtent.html
Hours of Operation
|Tuesday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Friday||10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|